How Python works: What do you know about support for negative indices?

Aahz aahz at
Mon Sep 13 00:33:22 CEST 2010

In article <87r5gz93sv.fsf at>,
Ben Finney  <ben+python at> wrote:
>Neil Hodgson <nhodgson at> writes:
>> There appear to be deliberate wraps at sentence end or automatic wraps
>> to fit <80 columns.
>The automatic wraps in the code presented in the message are wrong. The
>automatic wraps in the bullet point list are, if not wrong, at least
>presumably unintended.

That is considerably different from your original claim that the post
contained formatting that was "long-short-long-short", aka comb

>I hope that clears up what I meant in this case. The effort devoted to
>explaining this issue far outweighs the burden it caused initially. I'll
>try to be more explicit when presenting it in future, to forestall this.

Had you noted that some lines of code were wrapped short, I would have
agreed with you, but I also would have noted that it's not a big deal.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

[on old computer technologies and programmers]  "Fancy tail fins on a
brand new '59 Cadillac didn't mean throwing out a whole generation of
mechanics who started with model As."  --Andrew Dalke