Accessing windoze file attributes

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Thu Sep 16 05:46:36 EDT 2010

On 2:59 PM, Douglas wrote:
> @Diez and @David
> Thanks guys. Both excellent leads. Colour me happy.  I can now make
> progress and meet some deadlines. :)
>
> @Lawrence
>> Why reinvent rsync?
> In what way is rsync relevant to the stated problem? Did you actually
> READ the question?
> Note: I use Linux at home (yes, even rsync) and very much prefer it to
> Windows. However, at work I have no choice but to use the resources
> the company provides - which is Windows; have you got that straight
> now?
> If you have something more helpful and mature to say, relevant to the
> actual question, then I will gladly hear it, and even apologise.
> Otherwise, don't bother. I already enough from respondents who were
> far more adult, knowledgeable and helpful ... and all the more
> impressive in comparison.
>
> Sincerely,
> -- Douglas

Let's see.  You're a first-time poster on this forum, and you choose to
attack Lawrence, who was giving you a succinct reference to a possible
solution to your problem.

So how does mentioning a program that could directly solve your problem
constitute immature and unhelpful response?

Have you checked out any of the several rsync implementations on
Windows?  Some require cygwin, but there are a couple that would seem
not to.  Maybe try   http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp
or http://www.itefix.no/i2/node/10650

There are several reasons why any particular one of these may not be
appropriate for your needs, but being stuck on Windows isn't really one
of them.

DaveA