compile Py2.6 on SL

moerchendiser2k3 googler.1.webmaster at spamgourmet.com
Thu Sep 16 11:34:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have some trouble with Python on Snow Leopard (10.6.3). I compile
Python as a framework(for 32/64bit) without any problems.
But implementing the lib in my C app, I get the following error on
linking:

Undefined symbols:
  "_Py_InitModule4_64", referenced from:
      RegisterModule_BPY(char const*, PyMethodDef*, char const*,
_object*, int)in i_moduleobject.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

I read a lot of stuff about this problem, but nothing helped me. My
app is in 64-bit and I compiled Python for 32/64bit.
When I compile exactly the same package with the same configure flags
under Leopard (10.5.8) it works fine.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Bye, moerchendiser2k3