[DB-SIG] dbf files and compact indices

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Sun Sep 19 01:10:16 EDT 2010

Carl Karsten wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>>Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to be tied to Foxpro, which
>>means I need to be able to parse these files directly.  I have the dbf
>>files, now I need the idx and cdx files.
>

> What do you mean "tied" ?

I meant having to have Foxpro installed.  I just learned from another
reply that I may not have to have Foxpro installed as long as I have the
Foxpro ODBC driver, because then I could use odbc instead of fiddling
with the files directly.

While I may switch over to odbc in the future, I would still like to
have the idx/cdx components.
--
~Ethan~