Too much code - slicing

Seebs usenet-nospam at seebs.net
Sun Sep 19 22:50:21 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-20, John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:
> Heh, to me speed reading those 70 pages in a very short while,
> concluding that it's a good book, and start over again would be quite
> the spoiler.

I rarely encounter substantive spoilers in the first 70 pages or so of
a book.  That said, I'm pretty much immune to spoilers; while I'm reading,
I'm usually ignoring anything I might have previously known about a
story, so it all works even if I've read it before.

> Do you fast forward movies as well?

Amusingly, I can't generally watch movies at normal speed.  They're
too boring.  Luckily, computers are finally advancing to a point where
"1.2x faster, but no chipmunks" is an available setting in some
software.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam at seebs.net