Down with tinyurl!

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Mon Sep 20 23:25:18 EDT 2010

Seebs <usenet-nospam at seebs.net> writes:

> And this caused me to realize just how amazingly insulting that can be when
> done to someone who *did* already do the research.

Exactly. I hate lmgtfy links hidden in a tiny url. It's not only
insulting to the OP but also to people who try to learn something and
end up on a google search page they could've come up with themselves.

> While certainly there's plenty of people who didn't do their own searching,
> there's also a fair number who are asking a question because they DID try
> searching and there was some problem with one or more of the answers.

Yup, exactly. Or people who did a lot of searching but somehow were not
able to compile a good query.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/