Down with tinyurl!

John Bokma john at
Tue Sep 21 05:00:27 CEST 2010

Tim Chase <python.list at> writes:

> On 09/20/10 20:12, John Bokma wrote:
>> Steven D'Aprano<steve at>  writes:
>>> They do? Is that right enshrined by law somewhere? Can I go to jail for
>>> human rights abuses if I archive X-No-Archive posts?
>> I think they do have the right to use it as you have the right to ignore
>> it ;-)
>> I never saw the point of the whole X-No-Archive: Yes thing. What happens
>> if I quote such a message? It's archived, right?
> The point?  It's much shorter than

Well, X-Archive: No is even shorter ;-).

What I mean is, it's just a request, nothing more and nothing
less. DejaNews honored it, and Google still does. But it doesn't stop
other people from archiving posts.

I can imagine that for some automatic generated messages someone might
think XNA is a good thing. But for human written messages, I just don't
see the point.

John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog:    Facebook:
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: