Down with tinyurl! (was Re: importing excel data into a python matrix?)

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 03:01:07 EDT 2010

On Sep 20, 12:25 pm, Tim Harig <user... at ilthio.net> wrote:
> On 2010-09-20, Brian Victor <homeusen... at brianhv.org> wrote:

> Usernet users also have the right to use the X-No-Archive header field.
> Does the fact that *you* happen to search usenet archives make using this
> field immoral?  Shouldn't the poster have to right to determine for
> themselves whether they care about the long term persistance of their posts
> and be able to balance that against other factors?

X No Archive should have never been allowed and should be removed
immediately and forever. What is the point of posting when your words
will be gone form memory in a short time? Why not save your fingers an
painful and early demise and go watch wheel of fortune instead? Heck,
i can't tell you how much enjoyment i get from reading over some of my
old posts. Actually i think i get more enjoyment reading over them
then when creating them.

Besides, when people X-No_Archive it makes me a bit suspicious of
their true intentions. Are they just trolling or maybe blowing hot air
from an alter ego? Or, are they paranoid nitwits with twenty-two bolt
locks on their front door who sleep with wads of cotton balls crammed
in their ear canals for fear of carnivorous ear wigs? Do they
carefully craft tin foil hats in agonizing 3d detail using solid works
to maximize the defecting efficiency of each and every facet in an
effort to ward off the ever present mind altering signals emanating
from cell phone towers in an overly ambitious attempt to rebel against
the interplanetary borg-ish assimilation's ever increasing empirical
expansion?  8-O

...Or, who knows, maybe they just shy?