Down with tinyurl!

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Tue Sep 21 14:00:54 EDT 2010

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:

> On 21 Sep 2010 05:01:45 GMT, Steven D'Aprano
> <steve-REMOVE-THIS at cybersource.com.au> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>

>> Hey, that would be an *awesome* google bombing project... to get lmgtfy
>> to come up as the first link for "self-righteous dicks". 4chan, where are
>> you when we need you???
>>
> 	I think the news reports are that they are wasting time on a DDoS
> attack on the RIAA...
>
> 	While I don't agree with the RIAA's methods, I also think a DDoS is
> definitely NOT an action to endear one to that one's views...

It is/was, from what I understand, a "back at ya" since the RIAA hired a
company in India to DDoS torrent related sites. The Indian company
is/was also under DDoS.

I do agree that it's somewhat pointless. They better could block access
to movie theaters all over the world by chaining themselves to the
entry. But, hey, then they have to get out of the couch and get out of
the house. And their moms might start to ask questions...

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/