Python Macros's Not the Power in OOo they should be ?

Thu Sep 23 08:31:22 EDT 2010

In message <i7eqb3$tg4$1 at speranza.aioe.org>, Tim Harig wrote:

> The UNO architecture seems to have been rather mishandled. While the
> general idea was nice, the implementation seems to be overly complicated
> and poorly documented.

For an example of a much nicer way of doing things, compare the Python
support in Blender: it’s a lot easier to get something simple working, and
there are loads of scripts already written by others that you can refer to.

Of course, they’ve completely reworked the scripting API in 2.5, but I think
that’s for the better.