Pyflakes and IPython does not work for Emacs on Windows?

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Fri Sep 24 17:26:29 EDT 2010

On Friday, September 24, 2010, Dsrt Egle <dsrtegle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With Python on Windows, I tried to use Emacs as the programming
> environment. For syntax checking I installed pyflakes, but flymake
> always reports "fail to launch. No such file or directory: pyflakes"
> when opening a Python file. Is pyflakes not for Windows? What Python
> syntax checking tools work for Emacs on Windows?
>
> I can't invoke IPython by Emacs on Windows, either. Looks ipyhon.el
> only works for Linux?

I don't use emacs but my guess would be that this is a path issue. In
Linux, most executables, like ipython, are put into /usr/bin or
/usr/local/bin. Both ipod those locations are on the shell's path-the
places it look s when you don't specify the full path of a program. On
Windows, user-installed programs don't typically get put on the path.
Check the path to make sure the directory is on there. It's probably a
similar issue with pyflakes- you didn't put the file in the place
where flatmate looks for it.