toy list processing problem: collect similar terms

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 19:19:58 EDT 2010

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:16:24 +0100, Jürgen Exner <jurgenex at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I have solved my problems with Xah years ago, that's what killfiles are
> for. And I have no idea why you are bringing up Xah in your current
> rant.
>
> It was livibetter who without any motivation or reasoning posted Python
> code in CLPM. If at least he had asked something like "How can I write
> something similar in Perl?" or _ANYTHING_ that would have made this even
> remotely meaningful for CLPM, then ok.
> But he didn't. He just dumped 7 lines of Python code to CLPM and his
> only comment was "Here is mine for Python". Yeah, great comment. Why
> would anyone in CLPM possibly care about those 7 lines of Phython code?

Check the Newsgroups line: this is a standard Xah "cross-post to
everywhere in sight" troll.  Hence (a) bringing up Xah, since he
originated this thread, and (b) livibetter not thinking to trim the
crossposts.  Which you didn't either, I note.

The only downside to killfiles is that you have to pay attention or
you sometimes get bitten by this stuff.