Python3: API Documentation generator

Tim Diels limyreth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:15:19 EDT 2010

On 27/09/2010 09:02, Chris Rebert wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Tim Diels<farkmor at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   Hi all
>>
>> I've just switched to python3 and it turns out my current API documentation
>> generator (epydoc) no longer works. I am looking for a tool that reads the
>> docstrings of all classes, ... in my project and turns it into HTML
>> documentation.
>
> Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ ) is the new gold standard. You'll
> want to enable the `autodoc` extension:
> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ext/autodoc.html
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
> --
> http://blog.rebertia.com

I tried, but it fails to run through python code that's not backwards
compatible with older python versions.

It fails with: ...autodoc can't import/find module 'pytilities', it
reported error: "invalid syntax (overload.py, line 55)"...

This is line 55 (runs in python3, not in python):
def process_args(self, *args, kwargs={})

Greetings

Tim (limyreth)