Down with tinyurl! (was Re: importing excel data into a python matrix?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Sep 19 09:16:49 EDT 2010

In article <mailman.343.1283384585.29448.python-list at python.org>,
geremy condra  <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM, patrick mcnameeking
><pmcnameeking at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been working with Python now for about a year using it primarily for
>> scripting in the Puredata graphical programming environment. I'm working on
>> a project where I have been given a 1000 by 1000 cell excel spreadsheet and
>> I would like to be able to access the data using Python. Does anyone know
>> of a way that I can do this?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2eqqjxv

Please don't use tinyurl -- it's opaque and provides zero help to anyone
who might later want to look it up (and also no accessibility if tinyurl
ever goes down).  At the very least, include the original URL for
reference.

(Yes, I realize this is probably a joke given the smiley I excised, but
too many people do just post tinyurl.)

"The volume of a pizza of thickness 'a' and radius 'z' is
given by pi*z*z*a"