call php function from python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Apr 1 03:19:12 EDT 2011

CrabbyPete <pete.douma at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a python script that automatically loads wordpress, up to the
>point that it asks for the admin password.
>that is a php function call
>
>function wp_install( $blog_title, $user_name, $user_email, $public,
>$deprecated = '', $user_password = '' )
>
>Is there a way to call this function from python?

Are you running this script on the web server, or are you invoking this
over a socket using something like urllib?

If you are running remotely, then PHP does not exist.  All you have are
HTTP requests.  You need to make yourself look exactly like a human being
at a browser.  Fortunately, that's not too hard.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.