FBI wants public help solving encrypted notes from murder mystery

David Bernier david250 at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 1 10:54:13 EDT 2011

haha doh wrote:
> On Mar 31, 3:15 pm, Joe Snodgrass<joe.s... at yahoo.com>  wrote:
[...]

>> As to which crime was being committed, I'm going with numbers running
>> or loan sharking.  There's no reason for any crook to keep any record
>> of any other crime, except prostitution, where phone books come in
>> handy.
>>
>> Thievery is not an honest business, and records of what went down,
>> where and with whom can only hurt you.  Unless of course, it's a grand
>> list of felonies that he was using to blackmail the participants.
>>
>> But I can't see gathering that much info from blackmail.  I always
>> thought it involved one guy blackmailing one victim.  This would imply
>> a factory scale process, and he'd need some way to lure his prey into
>> the trap.
>>
>> Of course, that WOULD be a good way to get murdered.
> This is him
> http://img851.imageshack.us/i/4d93ac54b10bcimage.jpg/

True indeed! , according to a story posted on March 30 on the
website of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
<
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/ad567e00-5b13-11e0-8ed4-00127992bc8b.html>
.

That web page has a link to a 1999 article on the discovery of the body:
< http://www.stltoday.com/news/article_bcc02074-5b1a-11e0-b199-0017a4a78c22.html > .

An officer with the local Major Case Squad unit is quoted there. I quote
from the 1999 story:

<< "We cannot find any motive for his death, " he said.
"We're not absolutely sure that this is a homicide." >> .

David Bernier