Gammu in python error

Santhosh Kumar santhosh.vkumar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 11:03:35 EDT 2011

Hi all,
     I am new to gammu. I did the cofiguration with gammu very successfully
and if I try to send sms with command mode ( sudo echo "sms test from
santhos pc probably yo vl call me" | /usr/bin/gammu --sendsms TEXT
+919840411410 ) its working fine. So, I try to extend the code along with
python so I installed python-gammu they I tried to import with python
>>> import gammu
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "gammu.py", line 3, in <module>
    sm=gammu.StateMachine()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'StateMachine'

This is the error which I am getting what should I do now does it required
any patch for this error.

Thanks in Advance

-----
With Regards,