Guido rethinking removal of cmp from sort method

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 4 01:38:23 EDT 2011

On 4/3/2011 1:26 AM, harrismh777 wrote:

> Very interesting. Your explanations (and other excellent contributions
> here) have shown an intense variation of diversity of viewpoint within
> at least the comp.lang. community with regard to the Python language.

If you really want to see variation of opinion, check the archives for
discussion of how Python does function call and return.

I take a pragmatic viewpoint toward viewpoints: they are tools, so pick
ones that work for the particular purpose. My purpose is too make the
language easier to learn, especially for those who have not had college
CS/programming courses.

--
Terry Jan Reedy