Do UART require data structure/format for serial communication?

VGNU Linux vgnulinux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:05:01 EDT 2011

Hi All,
I have two chips one understands Python and the other embedded C.I have
connected both chips using UART serial communication channel, however I have
no idea how data communication must be achieved between this 2 chips. As for
example send using C chip string "Hello Python" which python chip easily
understands and replies back a string "Hi C".
I am pretty new to embedded systems can anybody help me understand data
communication using UART.
Thank in advance.

VGNU