download web pages that are updated by ajax

Jabba Laci jabba.laci at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:47:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

I want to download a web page that is updated by AJAX. The page
requires no human interaction, it is updated automatically:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/CP002059.1

If I download it with wget, I get a file of size 97 KB. The source is
full of AJAX calls, i.e. the content of the page is not expanded.
If I open it in a browser and save it manually, the result is a file
of almost 5 MB whose content is expanded.

(1) How to download such a page with Python? I need the post-AJAX
version of the page.
(2) Can it be done with wget or some other command-line utility? I
would be interested in that too.

Thanks,

Laszlo