Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Wed Apr 13 22:03:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 11:46 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Ryan Kelly <ryan at rfk.id.au> wrote:
> > I weep that your delightful rhetoric is limited to this neglected forum,
> > where the guardians of python core deign not to tread, and hence denied
> > its rightful place exalted among python's canonical lore.
>
> Wait... so where do the Python experts hang out?

Don't panic, there are plenty of experts here :-)

It's an oft-cited troll complaint that many python big-wigs (Guido,
Raymond H, et al) don't subscribe to python-list.

Personally I've never really noticed - even if some of the core devs
don't really hang out here, I've always found python-list full of
helpful and knowledgeable people.

It's also an oft-cited troll conspiracy that Guido hangs out on
python-list and posts under various pseudonyms.  I think it would be
kinda fun if he did...

  Cheers,

     Ryan

--