about soaplib demo's time latency

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:39:13 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Stephen.Wu <54wutong at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chris.
> I recheck the logic line by line and I find it is this sentence drag
> speed down :  hello_client = Client('http://localhost:7789/?wsdl').
> To initialize a suds.client.Client instance need that long lasting 20
> seconds?
> On your suggestion, if I just want to run the server localhost, how
> should I set up the local \etc\hosts file?

It's probably already there for localhost; check the file I named and
see if there's a line looking like:

127.0.0.1   localhost

If there is, you should be able to get reverse DNS for 127.0.0.1. The
other possibility there is that it's the _forward_ DNS that's slow
(although I don't know why it would be). Try the IP instead:

hello_client = Client('http://127.0.0.1:7789/?wsdl')

Chris Angelico