[Mac OSX] TextWrangler "run" command not working properly

Fabio oakwood at email.it
Thu Apr 14 16:52:54 EDT 2011

Hi to all,
I have troubles with TextWrangler "run" command in the "shebang" (#!)
menu.
I am on MacOSX 10.6.7.
I have the "built-in" Python2.5 which comes installed by "mother Apple".
Then I installed Python2.6, and left 2.5 untouched (I was suggested to
leave it on the system, since "something might need it").

I ran the "Update Shell Profile.command", and now if I launch "python"
in the terminal it happily launches the 2.6 version.
Then I installed some libraries (scipy and matplotlib) on this newer 2.6
version.
They work, and everything is fine.

Then, I started to use TexWrangler, and I wanted to use the "shebang"
menu, and "run" command.
I have the "#! first line" pointing to the 2.6 version.
It works fine, as long as I don't import the libraries, in which case it
casts an error saying:

ImportError: No module named scipy

Maybe for some reason it points to the old 2.5 version.
But I might be wrong and the problem is another...

I copy here the first lines in the terminal window if i give the "run in
terminal" command

Last login: Thu Apr 14 22:38:26 on ttys000
Fabio-Mac:~ fabio$
/var/folders/BS/BSS71XvjFKiJPH3Wqtx90k+++TM/-Tmp-/Cleanup\ At\
Startup/untitled\ text-324506443.860.command ; exit;
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/fabio/Desktop/test.py", line 3, in <module>
    import scipy as sp
ImportError: No module named scipy
logout

[Process completed]

where the source (test.py) contains just:

#!/usr/bin/python2.6

import scipy as sp

print "hello world"

Any clue?