Egos, heartlessness, and limitations

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Thu Apr 14 22:22:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:15:59 -0500, Jeffrey Gaynor wrote:

[...]
> Don't know much about this topic, but boy is my BS detector going off...

Just search the archives for "rantingrick". He's been around a few years
now, and my estimate is that 99% of his posts are haranguing others for
refusing to agree with him, declaring that the silent majority of users
agree completely with him, that people are going to run away from Python
to Ruby or some other language unless we *immediately* drop everything
and work on fixing whatever deficiency Rick cares about this week, and
making accusations that GvR and the other Python developers are so caught
up in some bizarre power trip that they are deliberately sabotaging
Python's future.

I have seen him actually make a constructive, helpful post. Once. By
memory he helped a n00b with a Tkinter problem. But for every short,
helpful post he writes, he writes about 80 or 100 long, useless posts
that turn this list into a tar-pit of wasted time and frustration and
halves its usefulness.

Save yourself a lot of time and just killfile him now. You'll thank me
for it later.

--
Steven