[Mac OSX] TextWrangler "run" command not working properly

Jason Swails jason.swails at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:30:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Fabio <oakwood at email.it> wrote:

> Then, I started to use TexWrangler, and I wanted to use the "shebang"
> menu, and "run" command.
> I have the "#! first line" pointing to the 2.6 version.
> It works fine, as long as I don't import the libraries, in which case it
> casts an error saying:
>
> ImportError: No module named scipy
>
> Maybe for some reason it points to the old 2.5 version.
> But I might be wrong and the problem is another...

TextWrangler doesn't launch a shell session that sources your typical
resource files (i.e. .bashrc, etc.), so any changes you make in an
interactive terminal session probably WON'T be loaded in TextWrangler.

See this website about setting environment variables for native Mac OS X
applications to see them:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/AquaEnvVar.html

Maybe if you prepend your Python 2.6 (MacPorts?) location to your PATH,
it'll find it.

--Jason