Python IDE/text-editor

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat Apr 16 18:20:53 EDT 2011

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Andrea Crotti
> <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That of course is an issue, but since you code in many languages I think
>> is really a pretty good investment for your future.
>>
>> And I don't think that you would be unproductive the first weeks with
>> emacs, just a bit slower maybe, and it's not that you can't use anything
>> else in the meanwhile...
>
> Sure, that was a *slight* exaggeration :) but thanks for the advice.
> I'll poke around with it some time.

I tried that several times over years, and never worked. What did the
trick for me was just switching to Emacs, and read the GNU Emacs Manual
thoroughly and making notes. And the next day try what I read the day
before.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j.j.j.bokma
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: http://castleamber.com/