An unusual question...

wisecracker at tesco.net wisecracker at tesco.net
Sun Apr 17 12:17:02 EDT 2011

Hello Steven...

I read the whole of your post first and you come across one abrasive character.

>> I can easily place a machine code, PURE binary, routine into Python.

> What do you mean by "into Python"? Do you mean patching the Python
> compiler? Injecting code into the runtime interpreter?

No and no.

> Storing a bunch of bytes in memory?

Not quite but close enough at this point...

> What machine code, for which CPU?

Is that important when I mentioned MMU at the end of my question?

If it is so important then how about 68060 for a starter.

>> I can also find out where it is EXACTLY just as easily so this is not my
>> problem.

> And how would you do that?

Why should I reveal that secret at this point, if you want to know, buy an AMIGA
without an MMU and run Python to find out where it is - I already know.

I`ll give you a clue... id(some_object) is close enough but NOT that close.
I'll give you a second clue... the NOP assembly instruction IS important, 0x4e75,
two bytes for 68K and 0x90? one byte for x86, again byte, word or long isn't important.

>> The problem is calling it!

>> can I expect a "segmentation error"

> Almost certainly.

Thank you!
That was all I wanted not the supercilious attitude you have shown with the remainder
of your post below, that was unnecessary.

> Sorry to be cynical, but if you have to ask these questions, you almost
> certainly don't have the skill to successfully pull it off.

Quote my RSM:-
"Never underestimate you opponent!"

> Reading your questions is a bit like hearing somebody saying "I have a
> Swiss Army Knife. If I poke around here in somebody's chest, can I do a
> heart transplant, or do you think they might die?"

Did I ask for that?!?

>> OR because the "Jump" command is
>> already inside the Python terminal would this be considered inside
>> Python`s working memory from the MMUs point of view?

> I don't know. That depends on what you mean by "into Python".

Someone else understood immediately but maybe for pedanticheads like you
I should have written "Python script".

Anyhow "no it can't be done" would have been quite sufficient.

I am silent on this now as the previous poster already answered.my question.

--
73...

Bazza, G0LCU...

Team AMIGA...