Python IDE/text-editor

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Mon Apr 18 03:12:33 EDT 2011

Terry Reedy wrote:
>> IDLE loses syntax highlighting annoyingly often
>
> Could you exlain?
> When does it do that with a file labelled .py?

... never seen this behavior in IDLE with a .py file; not even once.

I take that back... there was the time I tried to run IDLE on the mac
mini with Apple built-in tcltk on Snow Leopard... 'till I found out that
tk on the mac is not stable with the built-in tcltk... which I found
very suspicious for Apple's part...

... by the by, if I down-load tcltk from sources and recompile, along
with Python32 from sources, will things be stable on the mac??

kind regards,
m harris