Make Python "portable" by default! (Re: Python IDE/text-editor)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 04:33:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:
> Which part of the word "installed" don't you understand while actually
> using it? >;->

I have various programs which I distribute in zip/tgz format, and also
as a self-extracting executable on Windows. Does this mean they need
to be "installed" only under Windows? No. They need to be installed to
be run, it's just that the installer is unzip or tar.

(FYI, we "installed" a new minister in the church's manse a few weeks
ago. Didn't involve anything more than a mv.)

Chris Angelico