Teaching Python

PATRICIA MEDINA pmedina at flash.net
Tue Apr 19 19:49:43 EDT 2011

We have been teaching game programming using python in my school district for a
few years now. We started out using python programming for the absolute
beginner. It was good, but didn't use pygame and was mostly text based until the

last 2 chapters. Another book for reference is Game Programming: The L Line, The

Express Line to Learning. We also wanted to use OOP and at the time that was not

in either, or we didn't like the format. We now use our own material we put
together from numerous texts, and from some members of the local python meetup
group who have donated their time and expertise. It's been great!
Good luck to you!

Pat