Teaching Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Apr 19 20:06:27 EDT 2011

Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:03 PM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When you say 'hacking', you mean.... ?
>
> Presumably he meant the real meaning of the word, not what the press
> made up and ran with.

To be fair, the press already had its own pejorative meaning of “hack”
before the engineering and computing term, so the association was
probably inevitable.

--
 \         “I still have my Christmas Tree. I looked at it today. Sure |
  `\               enough, I couldn't see any forests.” —Steven Wright |