Vectors

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Apr 22 20:32:36 EDT 2011

On Saturday 23 April 2011 06:57:23 sturlamolden wrote:
> On Apr 20, 9:47 am, Algis Kabaila <akaba... at pcug.org.au>
wrote:
> > Are there any modules for vector algebra (three dimensional
> > vectors, vector addition, subtraction, multiplication
> > [scalar and vector]. Could you give me a reference to such
> > module?
>
> NumPy
>
> Or one of these libraries (ctypes or Cython):
>
> BLAS (Intel MKL, ACML, ACML-GPU, GotoBLAS2, or ATLAS)
> Intel VML
> ACML-VM

Thanks for that.  Last time I looked at numpy (for Python3) it
was available in source only.  I know, real men do compile, but
I am an old man...  I will compile if it is unavoidable, but in
case of numpy it does not seem  a simple matter. Am I badly
mistaken?

euclid has another attraction - the source is readily available,
not too burdened by backward compatibility issues and relatively
easy to follow, though I "managed" to get lost in it   :)

OldAl.
--
Algis
http://akabaila.pcug.org.au/StructuralAnalysis.pdf