Run a few Python commands from a temporary filesystem when the rootfs is halted

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:52:51 EDT 2011

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Run a few Python commands from a temporary filesystem when the
rootfs is halted
------------------------

From: *Frederick Grose* <fgrose at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 7:54 PM
To: tutor at python.org

With Bash, when one needs to halt the current root filesystem, to pivot to a
new filesystem, one can copy some of the command files and their
dependencies to a temporary file system and execute from that code base.

Is there a way to accomplish the same within a Python script?

Or must I chain Python and Bash together for this?

          --Fred