Argument of the bool function

Thomas Rachel nutznetz-0c1b6768-bfa9-48d5-a470-7603bd3aa915 at spamschutz.glglgl.de
Mon Apr 25 17:28:29 EDT 2011

Am 25.04.2011 16:29, schrieb Thomas Rachel:

> or maybe even better (taking care for closures):
>
> function = bool
> value = 'the well at the end of the world'
> ## ...
> actions.append(lambda val=value: function(val))
> ## ...
> for function in actions:
> results.append(function())

Or yet even better:

class Job(object):
     def __init__(self, target, *args, **kwargs):
         self.target = lambda: target(*args, **kwargs)
     def __call__(self):
         return self.target()

in order to do

actions.append(Job(function, val))
actions.append(Job(function, x=val))

and then (thanks, Chris...)

results = [function() for function in actions]

or maybe (additionally or alternatively)

class ActionQueue(list):
     def addJob(self, target, *args, **kwargs):
         self.append(lambda: target(*args, **kwargs))
     def __call__(self):
         if 0: # first thought
             for job in self:
                 yield job()
         else: # second thought - clean up...
             while self:
                 job = self.pop(0)
                 yield job()

with

actions = ActionQueue()

actions.addJob(function, val)
actions.addJob(function, x=val)

results = list(actions()) # for collecting them and having them at once
# with generator, all call results can as well be emitted as soon as
they are available - depending what shall be done with the results

mmm... too much imagination I think... ;-)

Thomas