I think I found a mistake in the official language reference documentation -- or I am missing somethig???

Igor Soares ibp.srs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 16:02:34 EDT 2011

Reading the section "6.11. The import statement"
http://docs.python.org/py3k/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-import-statement

I found:
"""
Import statements are executed in two steps: (1) find a module, and
initialize it if necessary; (2) define a name or names in the local
namespace (of the scope where the import statement occurs).
(...)
The first form (without from) repeats these steps for each identifier
in the list. The form with from performs step (1) once, and then
performs step (2) repeatedly.
"""
In the last sentence, isn't it the opposite?
With the "from" form it would find/initialize all the modules and
define just the name after "from".
Or am I missing something?????