Development tools and practices for Pythonistas

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 27 19:44:16 EDT 2011

Thomas Rachel writes:

> Am 27.04.2011 13:17, schrieb Jean-Michel Pichavant:
>
> > You're mistaking, SVN is not restricted to solo work. However it's
> > more suitable for solo work than git.
>
> Why?
>
> I personally found hg much better than svn. That's why I migrated all
> my projects.

Indeed. The only thing left that Subversion is better at than the three
modern top-tier VCSen is working with existing Subversion legacy
repositories. Even for that, ‘bzr-svn’ and ‘git-svn’ work admirably
well.

--
 \      “Nullius in verba” (“Take no-one's word for it”) —motto of the |
  `\                                   Royal Society, since 1663-06-30 |