回复: Re: Need your help

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Apr 28 09:20:30 EDT 2011

1011_wxy wrote:
> Hi JM:
>
> *python c.py > afile.log*
>

> could you pls give me the whole example?
> I am so sorry that I am a beginner in Python.

Your module a and  b that you cannot modify given your original
description, are printing data using the print statement.
That means these module only intend to print the data on the standard
output (aka stdout, your screen by default).

If you want to print the data in a file, then you have to make stdout
that file. 2 possible way have been provided:

1/ within the c.py file, redirect sys.stdout to a file (see Chris
Rebert's answer)
2/ use the system command line to redirect stdout to a file. In any unix
system, you can redirect stdout to a file( instead of the screen) that way:

    echo "Hello world" > afile.txt

It works for any command, including

    python c.py > afile.txt

That will execute you c.py file writing everything into afile.txt
instead of your display.

JM