Python IDE/text-editor

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 12:21:26 EDT 2011

In article <mailman.511.1303137613.9059.python-list at python.org>,
Alec Taylor  <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Geany I've tried in the past, it's really buggy on my home computer
>and at Uni... however from my phone it works wonderfully! (Use it for
>C++ projects on Rhobuntu)
>
>Eric 4 was suggested to me on the #python channel on Freenode...
>however I've never been able to get it compiled/working. Too many
>dependencies I'm guessing...
>
>PTK looks great, and does everything I want (from screenshots).
>Unfortunately, it doesn't run on my system; Win7 x64, Python 2.7.1
>x64, WxPython 2.8 x64. Install ran as admin.
>
>Emacs and vim still seem like good alternatives, when I get the time.
>However, currently have 3 assignments to start and finish so would
>like a simple Notepad2 with python interpreter attached (and keyboard
>shortcut to run script) type program.
>
>Please continue recommending
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alec Taylor

You will never be satisfied, until you've written something yourself.
Start writing now. A friend of mine started writing in 1983,
and since 1985 I'm a happy user. The only language that is a candidate
to write in is C, however.

Groetjes Albert

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst