[OT] VCS tools

Daniel Kluev dan.kluev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:37:50 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Martin Schöön <martin.schoon at gmail.com> writes:
>
> I seriously recommend anyone looking for a modern VCS to give Bazaar a
> decent trial. It's the one I've found newcomers learn most easily, and
> it's astoundingly flexible as one's needs with it grow.

When I was deciding what DVCS I should use for personal projects, Bzr
was first thing I tried. It was quite uncomfortable experience after
svn, esp. with branches and merges, working not the way I was
expecting it to.
Mercurial, on the contrary, did exactly what I was expecting it to,
and was overall very easy to learn.

--
With best regards,
Daniel Kluev