[OT] From svn to something else? (was: VCS tools)

Hans Georg Schaathun georg at schaathun.net
Fri Apr 29 06:07:09 EDT 2011

Hmmm.  I am still using svn.

How easy and reliable is it to import my svn version history into
one of the three big DVCS-s mentioned here?

I am fairly happy with svn, but then I use it more as a backup system
and a means to synchronise multiple systems.  Something better would
not hurt, but loosing the version history would ...

I am particularly interested in git, not because of any qualities it
may have but because that's what my colleague pushes, and he seems
to be pushing our students into it, so it would be useful for me to be
familiar with it.

--
:-- Hans Georg