Deditor

jmfauth wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 04:30:27 EDT 2011

On 29 avr, 23:01, Kruptein <darragh.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 apr, 20:25, jmfauth <wxjmfa... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It isn't that easy as you might have hoped ;)  I'm using wxpython for
> > > rendering the GUI  somehow some things that work in the linux version
> > > break in the windows version  so I need to do some small
> > > modifications  and as I'm a hardcore linux fan I ony use windows for
> > > gaming it usually takes a little longer for a windows release,  I'm
> > > releasing a tarball now btw :D
>
> > Sure, it is doable. I have done it (I only tweak the
> > import in such a way, that it does not import modules
> > not installed in my machine, like not importing paramiko).
>
> > Your application is just a normal application which uses
> > a Python environment, independently from the platform.
>
> > wxPython does not play something special. Exemple, the
> > wxPython demo can be installed in any dir, even on external
> > drive.
>
> > PS I have no special interest indeditor, except I like
> > to see what is done with wxPython.
>
> > jmf
>
> The problem had to do with the configuration panel which displayed
> wrong in windows but right in linux.  I fixed it and it should now
> actually work on both :p
> (and the paramiko import error was because I had forgooten to do a try/
> except block somewhere in my plugin management..)
>
> the windows source zip file is online,   Alec can make an installer if
> he wants :)

Quick tips, hints, "pedagogical" advices:

- Distributing a zip or a tarball does not matter. By
not distributing a deb and distributing the Py scripts,
you just make your app available for everybody (eg.
the wxPython demo)
- The main problem in your app is not the os. wxPython
runs quite smoothly on all platforms.
- Critical: I can not enter text and the text is not
displayed correctly in the editing part of your app.
Once again, this is not an os issue. The
wx.stc.StyledTextCtrl is not a simple widget to master.
- http://groups.google.com/group/wxpython-users/topics
- Best wishes for your project.

jmf