mrjob v0.2.5 released
jimmy at retzlaff.com
Sat Apr 30 13:20:44 EDT 2011
What is mrjob?
mrjob is a Python package that helps you write and run Hadoop Streaming jobs.
mrjob fully supports Amazon's Elastic MapReduce (EMR) service, which
allows you to buy time on a Hadoop cluster on an hourly basis. It also
works with your own Hadoop cluster.
Some important features:
* Run jobs on EMR, your own Hadoop cluster, or locally (for testing).
* Write multi-step jobs (one map-reduce step feeds into the next)
* Duplicate your production environment inside Hadoop
* Upload your source tree and put it in your job's $PYTHONPATH
* Run make and other setup scripts
* Set environment variables (e.g. $TZ)
* Easily install python packages from tarballs (EMR only)
* Setup handled transparently by mrjob.conf config file
* Automatically interpret error logs from EMR
* SSH tunnel to hadoop job tracker on EMR
* Minimal setup
* To run on EMR, set $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
* To run on your Hadoop cluster, install simplejson and make
sure $HADOOP_HOME is set.
* Install mrjob: python setup.py install
* Documentation: http://packages.python.org/mrjob/
* PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mrjob
* Discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/mrjob
* Development is hosted at github: http://github.com/Yelp/mrjob
v0.2.5, 2011-04-29 -- Hadoop input and output formats
* Added hadoop_input/output_format options
* You can now specify a custom Hadoop streaming jar (hadoop_streaming_jar)
* extra args to hadoop now come before -mapper/-reducer on EMR, so
that e.g. -libjar will work (worked in hadoop mode since v0.2.2)
* hadoop mode now supports s3n:// URIs (Issue #53)
More information about the Python-list