Python 3.2 Tkinter and TTK

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Apr 28 17:42:15 EDT 2011

On 4/28/2011 1:33 PM, steven.oldner wrote:
> Just downloaded Python3.2 from python's site and attempted to run some
> of the examples in the 24.2.10 Tk Styling.  The button worked,

I found 4 examples, none of which *do* anything. Perhaps they are only
meant to show syntax. I am running WinXP. You?

.Style:
.configure OK
.map OK
.layout OK? Text says "it is not intended to do anything useful"
and indeed the displayed button does nothing when pressed.
.theme_settings OK? I do not see any green or olive

> but the menu didn't.

What do *you* mean by 'did not work'?

They all compile and display something, but I would have to study more
before I would know what to expect. It is possible that the examples
have bugs, or that the ttk module does. Either should be reported on the
tracker. Others have used it though.

 > I also tried a couple from the TKDocs web site.  Only
> errors from there.

Syntax error? Runtime exception? or just not look/act as you expect?

--
Terry Jan Reedy