test systems

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:29:53 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm going to setup a few linux systems for testing (probably three) as well
> as the three FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and (possibly) NetBsd.  Oh, and Windows.  ;)
>
> Any recommendations on which linuces to pick?

Others have made recommendations of distro (and are far better
qualified than I to do so), but one small point to add: Test a mix of
32-bit and 64-bit systems, unless you only support the latter. This is
particularly important with installers and such; installing a 32-bit
library on a 64-bit Linux may mean putting it in a special directory.

Chris Angelico