Sockets: Receiving C Struct

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:09:09 EDT 2011

First, s.recv(4) is not guaranteed to always return 4 bytes.  It could
return 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4, wtih 4 being the most likely.  To deal with this, I
tend to use http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~dstromberg/bufsock.html - but I
suspect that Twisted has a way of dealing with it too.

Then, to put your data into a list, just create an empty list with [] and
use list_.append(integer).

Or was there more to your question, like perhaps a traceback you haven't
shared with us?