Segmentation Fault on exit

Vipul Raheja vipul.iiith at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 07:16:35 EDT 2011

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

However, the error occurs even if I don't do anything, that is, even if I
simply import the library and exit() after that.

I created a file a.py whose contents were the following:

import pyossim
exit()

Upon execution, the log was as follows:

vipul at vipul-laptop:~/ossim-svn/src/pyossim/swig$ python a.py
Segmentation fault

Following was the gdb log:

vipul at vipul-laptop:~/ossim-svn/src/pyossim/swig$ gdb `which python`
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2-ubuntu
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/python...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

(gdb) run a.py
Starting program: /usr/bin/python a.py

0x00000029 in ?? ()

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000029 in ?? ()
#1  0x0171de9f in OpenThreads::Mutex::~Mutex() () from
/usr/lib/libOpenThreads.so.13
#2  0x0035369e in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x0035370f in exit () from /lib/libc.so.6
#4  0x080fc854 in ?? ()
#5  0x080fcdf5 in ?? ()
#6  0x080fdc9b in PyRun_SimpleFileExFlags ()
#7  0x0805b6d3 in Py_Main ()
#8  0x0805a8ab in main ()

(gdb)

Regards,