help with DLL or path issue trying to use cx_Freeze

Bart Manchester bmanchester at azteknetworks.com
Sat Aug 6 21:32:19 EDT 2011

Im trying to use the most basic of cx_Freeze in a dos window and I receive the following error (see below).  I suspect I have some kind of path issue, but am at a loss as to how to proceed.  I am trying to execute this in the Scripts directory and have both the cxfreeze bat and also the .py file there.

C:\Python32\Scripts>cxfreeze general-tl1-work.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python32\Scripts\cxfreeze", line 5, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\main.py", line 187, in main
    silent = options.silent)
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\freezer.py", line 84, in __init_
_
    for n in self._GetDefaultBinPathExcludes() + binPathExcludes]
  File "C:\Python32\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\freezer.py", line 205, in _GetDe
faultBinPathExcludes
    import cx_Freeze.util
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

C:\Python32\Scripts>