Docstrings and class Attributes

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Aug 8 20:36:12 EDT 2011

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> So if property docstrings are so hard to get to, what's the point in
> having them?

Why would you expect there be a special point to them?

Men, like all primates of any sex, have nipples.

Properties, like any function in Python, have docstrings.

They're an accident of the history that led to their implementation, and
of the pre-existing parts that they're built from. There doesn't need to
be a point to them (though they might be useful for reasons incidental
for the reasons they exist).

--
 \        “I filled my humidifier with wax. Now my room is all shiny.” |
  `\                                                    —Steven Wright |