Run clang static analyzer on Python 3.30a

Seung Soo, Ha sungsuha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 03:01:10 EDT 2011

Hello,

I just ran the clang static analyzer on Python.

I'm very new to this, so please bear with me as a describe the exact steps I
took.

1. hg clone of python
2. scan-build ./configure --with-pydebug
3. scan-build make -s -j4
4. scan-view /tmp/scan-build-2011-08-10-1/

It shows 6 bugs and the report page even has a
friendly option to report the bug.

I'm just starting to learn C and I cannot judge whether they are worth reporting.

Should I?

I am aware of the issue tracker and how to use it.
What I'm curious is what information I should provide, considering the fact
that my skills (for now) is limited to copy and paste.

What should I do next?

(my system Ubuntu 11.04  x86_64 on AMD Phenom II X4 955)

Thanks.