problem installing psyco on windows (Unable to find vcvarsall.bat)

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:44:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'd like to install psyco on my windows host

I'm using python 2.6.4 (32 bit version)

I installed easy_intall and  pip

easy_install psyco
and
pip install psyco fail both with the message
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

I read, that this means I shoul dinstall a C-compiler
I also read, that I should NOT Micrusoft Visual C++ Express 2010
(which is unfortunately exactly the version, which I installed for some
other activity.

So my question:

- If I install visual Studio 2008 addtiojnally to visualstudia 2010,
will easy_install find this compiler?
- I read about the alternative of using MingW instead of Visual Studio
Express 2008.

What could influence my choice of Compiler?

Thanks for any suggestions